Saturday, September 16, 2017

The Vapors - Turning Japanese

I loved, loved, loved this song the first second I heard it - probably seeing this video on MTV. I haven't stopped loving it since.

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women, no fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark.



Weird to see the video again after all of these years. I remembered it, pretty much exactly, even after a long time not seeing it.

Let's say this is for my friend K~, who a Japanese person we both know - a bona fide woman from Toh-Kay-Oh - commented had a very Japanese manner. He even said the same, "I think I'm turning Japanese."

All could say back was, "I really think so."

Not sure he caught the reference. Well, maybe he will now.

And hey, Liz Phair cover. I can't find anything wrong with the phrase "Liz Phair cover."

No comments:

Post a Comment