Monday, August 28, 2017

The Undertones - Get Over You (live)

I was looking for a good recording of Get Over You to share with a friend, and I found this great live version:



I love how Beach Boys they look here. Nothing against the Beach Boys, they're one of my favorites. It's just you don't think "Irish 70s punk" and "sweaters," or I least I didn't.

I first heard this song long ago, right after breaking up with someone in a messy and heartbreaking fashion. And I told everyone about this great song. I figure they must have seen it as a cry for help or a disguised message. It wasn't - I just loved the song, the chord progression, the raw and jangly notes, and Feargal Sharkey's voice. I only heard this, Here Comes the Summer, and Gotta Getta, and out of the three this is the best one. So I had little else to go on or to play for other people to show them what the band was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment