Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hi-Standard - Another Starting Line

I'm off to visit some old friends, back in the city where I was first introduced to Ken Yokoyama's and Hi-Standard's music. So here is a recent one, from their long-awaited reunion release.



I still need a "FUCK KEN" t-shirt, but I doubt I'll ever find one.

I think I've said this before, but I've had a running argument about Ken Yokoyama's English. I think his accent is very, very thick - but his English is correct, idiomatic, and smooth. It sounds very Japanese, but you don't get a lot of "Let's Fighting Love!" errors in his songs. Check out Ricky Punks III for what I mean:



Here is a bonus track, as well - Ken Yokoyama, "Ten Years From Now."



I think that's Fat Mike from NOFX and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes on the bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment