Monday, July 17, 2017

Shonen Knife (少年ナイフ) - Bear Up Bison / Riding on the Rocket

I was just telling someone the other day about Shonen Knife. This is my favorite version of Bear Up Bison - the lead off track from Pretty Little Baka Guy. It just feels more raw and fuzzed out than the cleaner (but still good) version off of Let's Knife.



Same thing with the Japanese language version of Riding on the Rocket. Even when the only Japanese I knew was ich-ni-san-shi-go-roku-shichi-hachi-kyu-jyu, hajime, yame, and sensei, I liked this version more than the English language version. Again, it just feels more raw.



Probably didn't hurt that Pretty Little Baka Guy was one of the first two albums I owned by them, so I played it to death. And it helped me learn the planet names in Japanese, except I can only sing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment