Saturday, May 26, 2018

H2O - What Happened

I met a guy at work today. He came into the gym wearing a sleeveless t-shirt that said H2O on the front. On the back was the NYHC - New York Hardcore - logo. I didn't get a chance to speak to him at first, but then I saw him on his way out.

I said, "H2O, as in the band?"

Yep.

I mean, I knew that, but I didn't feel like leading with, "I love your shirt!" - I wanted to talk to the man, not just hear, "Thanks! Bye!"

We talked hardcore, punk, and so on for a few minutes about H2O, Rancid, The Offspring, and even The Criminals. A co-worker that I'm pretty tight with heard us, and it turns out he's a big fan of bands like Face-to-Face, Lagwagon, NOFX, and so on. I told him about seeing them on the second show ever at the Roseland and not again until they opened for Rancid again at Terminal 5.

He had to run, but I can't wait to talk to him more. I'm not a huge hardcore fan, but H2O puts on a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment