Monday, October 23, 2017

Missing Persons - 3 songs

The first time I encountered Missing Persons was on MTV with this video:




I was blown away by the look, the sound, that head cock and squeak that the lead singer made - all of it. I loved them.

The next song was Destination Unknown:



I thought they were really cool. As I got older I moved away from New Wave music. Years later I got some CDs from the period that included Missing Persons doing Walking in L.A.:




I tracked down some of the songs I hadn't heard for years, and listened again. I was really impressed with the musicianship, the lyrics, and the presentation. Then I found out that Dale and Terry Bozzio were in Frank Zappa's circle. It made a lot of sense - their talent level, the way they had a whole package together and made such good, smart music. FZ had good people in his circle.

Only a few months ago a younger guy I train and I were talking. He's being getting into FZ, so I mentioned Missing Persons. He didn't know them until I mentioned they had a singer and drummer married pair that were connected to FZ. He know instantly it was Terry Bozzio. So this post is partly for him. And this is for my friend E-chan, who I have been chatting to recently about FZ. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have their best-of. I'll go digging. I have Destination Unknown on vinyl. Or is it Mental Hopscotch....

    ReplyDelete