Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet

Just a really charming punk love song - The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet. Oddly Jonathan Richman-like.



Looking that one up, I saw that Blink-182 did a nice cover, too. Pretty straightforward, just sped up a little to the faster basic speed of a Blink-182 song. And Blink-182's drummer is in The Transplants, so I've seen them live once removed, putting me, what, two steps from seeing the The Only Ones? Maybe not, but there you go.

The Replacements did a cover, too.

I'd avoid the comments sections on all of these - each one is filled with people slagging off the covers, or the originals, or the bands that cover it, or the original bands. I mean really, that's fucking nonsense. If the band you like, likes another band, you're going to slag that band off? If some band you don't like, likes a band you like, you're going to complain about that? What the hell, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment